What We Do
WWD Heading link
The Center seeks to improve the practice of criminal justice, promote social justice, and improve public safety through the collection of justice-related knowledge and the translation of findings into evidence-based practice. The Center pursues a number of distinct objectives to realize this goal, including:
- Securing external funding for Center research and service projects
- Producing scholarly and applied research findings
- Developing collaborative relationships with criminal justice and community agencies to advance knowledge and practice
- Creating opportunities for discussion, debate, and the exchange of ideas
- Serving as a training laboratory for students, post-docs and junior faculty
- Disseminating new findings and ideas emanating from Center research, and
- Providing education, training and technical assistance to agencies in the public safety arena.
- Through the seamless integration of research, teaching, and public service, the Center has been successful at achieving each of these objectives over the past four decades.