When should I seek advising?
- When you are considering declaring a major or minor in CLJ
- As soon as you formally declare a major or minor in CLJ
- During the year before you intend to graduate from UIC
- Any other time you have questions about selecting CLJ courses or your progress in the CLJ program
- Before applying for Internships (CLJ 395) or Independent Studies (CLJ 399).
- When transferring to UIC from other schools with the intent to major in CLJ.
- For more information about transferring to UIC, go to the UIC Office of Transfer Student Assistance
Drop-in & Virtual Advising Hours via iAdvise
Click “Join Waiting Room”
Drop-in advising ONLY on
Tuesdays 8/24, 8/31, 11/2 & 11/9
Contact LAS Advising Center for further details. Identify yourself as a CLJ Major at the Reception Desk when requesting a meeting with the Social Science Advisor.
Advising by Appointment
Availability: Mon., Wed., Thu., and Fri., 8:30 am – 3:30pm during the fall and spring terms.
Schedule Online: To Schedule an appointment with an advisor, go to iAdvise, located in the “Advising” tab on my.UIC.edu.
The LAS Social Science Advisor for CLJ can also be reached by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org