When should I seek advising?
- When you are considering declaring a major or minor in CLJ
- As soon as you formally declare a major or minor in CLJ
- During the year before you intend to graduate from UIC
- Any other time you have questions about selecting CLJ courses or your progress in the CLJ program
- Before applying for Internships (CLJ 395) or Independent Studies (CLJ 399).
- When transferring to UIC from other schools with the intent to major in CLJ.
- For more information about transferring to UIC, go to the UIC Office of Transfer Student Assistance
Drop-in Advising Hours
Tuesdays from 8:30 am – 11:30 am and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (please note: there are very limited drop-in sessions during Summer term.
Contact LAS Advising Center for further details). Identify yourself as a CLJ Major at the Reception Desk when requesting a meeting with the Social Science Advisor.
Advising by Appointment
Availability: Mon., Wed., Thu., and Fri., 8:30 am – 3:30pm during the fall and spring terms.
Schedule by Phone: Call 312-355-5133 by Wednesday to schedule an appointment with a Social Science Advisor for the following week. Identify yourself as a CLJ Major and have your UIN Number.
Schedule Online: You may also schedule an advising appointment online. Log in with your UIC Netid and password and select “schedule an appointment” on the right, under “Shortcuts.” You can also download detailed Instructions for undergraduate advising online appointment scheduling.
The LAS Social Science Advisor for CLJ can also be reached by email at: